Niño Family Happenings

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Cardinals win the World Series! What a final game! Most of you know I grew up in STL, but did you know I was born in Detroit and lived there for 10 years?! So if the Tigers won--I would have been happy. I went to a few Tiger games in my young days. The "Bird" was the pitcher back in the 70's when I went to the game! Danny and I went to a Cardinal game when we were in STL in August. This is the first season in the new stadium! What a year it has been!

Moving on from baseball....to football...UT is currently playing TTech and losing. So, Paul is asleep and I needed to escape the wrath of Danny...he is NOT happy right now. But we still have the second half to turn things around. Kansas beat CO today....so that is good I guess.

Danny and I had to take Master Paul into the dr last weekend.....and low and behold.....and I was not surprised..2 ear infections. Poor baby... By Tuesday he acted normal and so he went to Mother's Day Out. But then Wed morning..fever and fussy! Thurs--kinda fussy I guess...Friday--super duper! But then.....today...it was 8:30am and he was still asleep. I went in to make sure he was still breathing. He woke at 9am. I ran some errands and when I got home Danny had a worried look on his face. He said Paul is pretty warm...oh yeah...102.4. Next came the tylenol and snuggle time with Mommy....or as he calls me Dadda or SuuuSan. Fever came down to 100 and he had some energy. Nap at 1...still asleep at 4...woke up shortly after 4....temp was back up 102.4. I called ASK A NURSE....went through all the questions.....she thinks it's a virus and the temp should go away in 2 days. No coughing though and mild runny nose and conjestion. My Mom says Tom and I were always sick as babies and children. Unfortunately, I think Paul inherited those sick genes!

Uh oh..I just heard Danny yell whisper something..and he said a bad word. Not like him at all! I am really afraid now to venture out to the family room. Maybe I'll head to Wal-mart. Yes, I typed Wal-Mart...hate it with a passion, but they may have the pre-lit Christmas tree I would like to purchase.

James and his crew are coming Monday to do some work around our house. Paint our bedroom..taupe color..and fix some wall stuff in the master bath and paint and hang some new ceiling fans I purchased. Maybe once we get the house in shape I will want to stay here and not buy a new house. I do like the location of our home! Ya never know....expecially with me. I tend to change my mind ALL the time when it comes to house stuff.

Please say special prayers for a gal I used to work with at Frost Bank. Robin Willhoite died this past week of a heart attack. She was around 45 and it was sudden. I believe during her sleep. She lost a son a few years back in a drowning accident. Her daughter is probably in college by now...or out of college. Time goes by so fast.

My step-brother and his family are moved out of their home in Scottsdale, AZ and headed to Seattle tomorrow. Brad has a new job with STARBUCKS! Sophia is 3 and a baby boy is arriving in February!

And I just learned that a childhood friend Paul Wosachlo (yes, Polish)..and his wife Kamron are expecting a baby girl the end of January. Hmm..might the name be Susan?! Prob NOT! They live in Boulder, CO. They are realtors and so if anyone in the Denver area needs help....I can give you their numbers! Please say prayers that Kam's last trimester goes well.

Master Paul and I did something really fun Fri morning, but I cannot tell you what it is just yet....only 2 other people know and I hope they keep their mouths shut!!!! :-)

Halloween is a few days away. Paul is going to be PABLO from The Backyardigans. We're going to some friends around 5 for a street parade with the kiddos and games and treats. And around 4 I am taking Paul to CHIC MAMMA for a free photo shoot with my friend Maile. So, look for a picture of Paul in his Pablo costume later in the week.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home